The kitchen is like a piece of music, and the cabinets are the melody. However, they accumulate dust, grime, grease, collecting layers as time goes by, so here we give you the best ideas to make your kitchen cabinets shine again.
1. Clean The Surfaces
One of the best ideas to make your kitchen cabinets shine again is to create a routine after dinner or breakfast; you can keep your kitchen cabinets clean. It’s a simple habit! You need just a damp cloth to clean the cabinets and knobs every day. Believe it or not, this will help to consistently remove grease and grime before it becomes difficult to remove. Plus, it will give your cabinets a better look in the long run.
Similarly, if your kitchen has wood cabinets, it is essential to dust the wooden cabinets’ interior regularly using a soft and dry cloth. Do it before too much dust accumulates over time! Besides, it will keep the place where you store plates, pots, and pans as hygienic as possible.
Also, another way to clean your kitchen cabinets is to make a vinegar solution. Why? Because it is an easy and non-toxic way to use on wooden kitchen cabinets. It works like this:
- First, mix one cup of white vinegar with one cup of warm water in a correctly identified spray bottle. Then shake to mix.
- Second, spray the solution on the cabinets and wait about three minutes before cleaning with a sponge.
- Third, if the stains are sticky spots, you can also try soap and scrub. However, it would be best not to use the sponge’s abrasive side to scrub, or it may leave scratch marks.
- Fourth, let it dry completely.
Finally, you can use the vinegar solution to clean out the cabinets’ interior. In this case, take everything out of the shelf, clean using and sponge, and put everything back. If you do this monthly, you will prevent ants and pests you don’t want in your kitchen.
2. Clean The Kitchen Cabinet Hardware
Besides cleaning the surfaces, another of the best ideas to make your kitchen cabinets shine again is to clean the drawer pulls, hinges, and knobs of your kitchen cabinets. Let’s be honest! They are some of the most touched surfaces in the kitchen and maybe the entire house.
One of the easiest ways to clean your kitchen hardware and hinges is using vinegar, dawn dish soap, and water. Please be careful! It doesn’t work with all metals; some need special care, while others need basic cleaning supplies.
The process is as simple as cleaning the surfaces:
- First, remove the cabinet hardware and hinges. Do it carefully and with the right tools!
- Second, use the same mix of vinegar and water we explained to you before, and let your hardware soak it for at least one hour.
- Third, dump the water and vinegar mix using dawn soap and more water using an old toothbrush or a sponge.
- Fourth, let it dry and then put everything back.
Above all, if you need help by installing knobs, bar, wire, and cup pulls, check out our professional handles installation service.
3. Hire A Professional
Hire a professional is part of the best ideas to make your kitchen cabinets shine again! There are countless YouTube tutorials on how to restore your cabinets as a DIY project, and yes, that can be cheaper! But if and only if, you have the time, patience, and ability to get the job done.
In other words, not everyone can do a cabinet restoration. It requires the right tools and equipment, knowledge, experience, and a bit of intuition. You can watch many videos, but at least it is the same type of cabinets; they will not cover all the details that can come out on a cabinet restoration process.
If you hire professional painters, make sure:
- They offer you the chance to look at their previous jobs. It will give you peace of mind!
- You check their references online and offline.
- They have all the licenses and permits to work.
In short, your kitchen is the place that sets the mood of your entire house, and the most visited site, so don’t let it on the wrong hands. Look for professional cabinet restoration near you.
4. Find Help With A Cabinet Restoration Company
Perhaps you’ve tried cleaning your kitchen cabinets with a mixture of vinegar and water, borax, oil soap, rinse aid, or other expensive products, and it hasn’t worked. In this case, you need extra help.
Indeed, not everything can be handle as a DIY project, so the best idea for you is yo find help with a cabinet restoration company. Is it a good idea? Yes! If your kitchen cabinets are dirty, then your whole kitchen will look messy. Plus, cabinet restoration seems simple, but it is a big job.
We offer you our cabinet restoration service in Colorado. In other words, we offer you a way to fall in love with your kitchen again. Let’s us give you the reasons why a cabinet restoration is right for you:
- Cabinet restoration is more than just a coat of paint. Firstly, we have a proven process to clean your cabinets, drawers, hardware and handles. Secondly, we prepare the surfaces, sand them, apply furniture prime, and even do some minor repairs. Finally, it may be enough with our cleaning process, but you give your kitchen a brand new and fashionable look by painting them.
- Cabinet restoration pricing is cheaper than cabinet refacing or replacing. It will cost you about half the price, plus it is a guaranteed job, then it can last even a decade.
- The cabinet restoration process is a quick and eye-catching home improvement. As a result, you can have a new kitchen look in 3 to 5 business days, depending on your kitchen layout. Moreover, it will add value to your home.
Most importantly, if the cabinet restoration price is holding you back, please check our blog post to get the answer to How Much Does It Cost Cabinets Restoration?
5. Request A Cabinet Restoration Virtual Quote
We invite you to contact us to get all the answers to your questions. We want to hear all the details about your dream kitchen and make it possible for you!
Professional Cabinet Painters have more than 20 years of experience helping families in Colorado. We serve six counties and more than nine cities like Westminster, Arvada, Thornton, Broomfield, Lakewood, Highlands Ranch.
Likewise, you can check our reviews in Yelp and Google, and check our previous cabinet restoration jobs. You can rely on us cause we don’t use subcontractors, and we treat your kitchen as our own!